Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Once by Anna Carey


Title: Once

Author: Anna Carey

Book #: 2nd of Trilogy



Publisher: HarperCollins


Publish Date: July 3rd 2012

Pages: 354

Format: Hardcover


Date Read (Throwback)November 15th 2012

Rating
  / out of 5


We stood side by side, and for that minute, in the stillness of that room, he was not the King. I was not not the Princess, taken against her will to the City. We were two people trying to forget.

Summary

After finally making it to safety, Even thinks all will be well. If only she could get back to Caleb.

When she hears a rumor of his appearance nearby, Eve leaves the safe haven of Califa in search of him.

Suddenly, one thing leads to another and Eve turns out not to be the only one who needs saving this time.

Review:

So, overall, I did enjoy the book. 

I kept putting it off because I was concerned that it wouldn't measure up to Eve, but when I did start reading it, I finished it in a day!

My feelings toward this book, however, are mixed. It seemed like it was going well for Eve, and then it looked as if it would possibly get even better.. but then things just kept getting worse and worse and worse. And most of the time, it was her own fault. 

Or, perhaps I just want to blame her because everything was constantly going from good to bad and it was extremely unfortunate.

There was a lot of hope at the end though. (view spoiler) Eve still has a shot at changing things. 

Overall, I just hope she matures more in the third novel. I can't wait to read it and find out!

Quotes:

"You do anything for the person you love,” she said finally."And then when you don’t think you can give any more of yourself, you do. You keep going. Because it would kill you not to."


On My Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/404709721

No comments:

Post a Comment